Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"There are many days that I wish I didn't have to smile, but God gave me this smile for a reason, and that is to show that no matter how deep a valley may seem, or how long a storm rages on I still have so many blessings to smile for.... As easy as it is to be bitter and to claim my dad (or in my case our baby) as my own, he was never mine". This is taken from my cousin Brittany's blog-aka whats left of me. I love hear dearly and love reading her blog. So often, what she writes I feel myself. Like the quote above, I couldn't have said it better myself. I still have my days of struggle and think of the precious little gift that is now in heaven. I know the Lord has a plan... and I long for the day that we are blessed with another child. I have to tell myself daily that everything is in his control and his time. I have a verse that is posted on my fridge and I read it every time I open it... Delight yourself in the Lord, and wait patiently on Him. I am trying to just that!

On a different note, we have been enjoying this summer weather to the fullest! We have been swimming the last 4 days! We have a little kiddy pool in the back yard and we went to the pool on base too. We LOVE being outside and playing in water!! I don't have any pictures... keep forgetting to get my camera and by the time I think about it, I'm wet! :) I'll try to get some soon. Tonight we are going to a nice resteraunt for my birthday, and this weekend we are goint to the city with some friends for dinner and birthday shopping. Hope everyone is having a great week!

6 comments:

Brittany Janae said...

Happy Birthday, Ali! It always gives me a peace to know that we are not alone in our struggles, and even though our situations are somewhat different, they are alike all the same because we both have an angel waiting for us in Heaven...I love you and I hope you have a wonderful birthday:)!!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your yummy food, cake and shopping! And hopefully you can be back outside tomorrow. The summers are soo nice!! Just think every minute your little angel is watching down on you and your family. I know my angel (sister) is with me:)

Tara said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your birthday dinner!

Brittany said...

Hope you had a great birthday! I was thinking about you yesterday :)

Jessie said...

Keep smiling, Ali;) And you're right, God does have a plan for you and your family...just in his timing. I let everyone at playgroup know that you said hey...hope your bday was great!!

Chelsa said...

hope your birthday was great.

i also love brittany's blog and everything she writes speaks to my heart as well.

my heart still hurts for you b/c i feel the same way. it isn't easy being patient and waiting on the Lord and His Timing and wondering about the future and new babies... or crying for the ones we've already lost. it's hard.

okay, i'm crying now so just know you're still in my prayers!