Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Husband

A fellow blogger, Jessie shared and bragged on her husband and asked the rest of us to do the same! This is such a great idea because I know I don't praise my man enough!

First of all I have to say how proud of him I am that he is serving our country! He is one great (and HOT) soldier!! :) I never get tired of seeing him in his uniform!!! He as served for almost 6 years and was in Iraq for 5 months. He also "serves" in the nursery! This will be the second summer that we have volunteered in the nursery at our church. I love it because there aren't a whole lot of guys who are willing to help in the nursery!

He is a wonderful father. He loves Copeland with all his heart and it shows. He gives baths, reads, plays outside, and puts Cope to bed (and so much more). I know there are days when he gets home from work and he's tired, but he always gives in to his little buddy. He melts like butter when it comes to Cope. Every time we go to Wal-Mart HE is the one who wants to get Copeland a toy. He says he just wants him to have stuff to play with! :) How cute is that?!

He is a wonderful husband. Words cannot even express how much I love him and how thankful I am for him. Sometimes I think he doesn't get me and he's not supportive, but then I know he is as much as he knows how to be and that is all I need. We have had a rough 3 months and he has been my shoulder to cry on, my person to vent to, and my strength. He cleans the house, bless his heart he tries and wants to cook (we are working on that one), he does all the yard work, and he always lets me go out by myself or to the movies with a friend if I need a break!

I'm sure I left out so much out, but I sure do love him! :)

5 comments:

Jessie said...

that's sweet ali!! I truly admire both those who serve our country and the spouses that keep things going when they're away. What a great hubby you have!! Enjoy the rest of your time home!:)

Brittany said...

Beau's a great dad and hubby! I love that he is the one who wants to go buy toys :) I also love that he serves our country and for that I am forever grateful!

Jen said...

Give Beau a big hug of thanks for me, Ali. Lately, it has been on my heart how much we should love and support our troops. They truly are amazing men and women...as are their spouses who stand beside them! Loved the post!

Chelsa said...

just a line to let you know you're still in my prayers.

Leah Robinson said...

You both are so sweet together! I could really tell how much Cope loves his daddy!!