Sunday, May 10, 2009

First, I just want to say happy mother's day to all you mommies!! 
Beau has done a great job making this day special (it's only 8:30) but copeland brought me my card and beau brought me a cup of coffee and we have a wonderful day ahead of us. We are going to church, then to eat, then to walmart to get my gift (i've wanted 8 lb. weights forever so he's getting me some). Then tonight we are having friends Tyler and Kerri and their little girl Livi over for homemade pizza tonight. 

Yesterday was a good day but a hard day. It was 3 months ago yesterday that I miscarried. Although yesterday was the 3 month mark, friday was a really rough day! I don't know why it was so hard for me but I broke down. I guess because I thought I would be pregnant by now and I'm not. So to help keep my mind off things yesterday, we went to Nebraska Furniture mart in Kansas City, Kansas... yes we drove to Kansas. It's only about and hour and a half from here. We bought a new dining table!!! It was such a great deal we couldn't pass it up. It will be here next Sat. so I'll get pics as soon as I can!! Then we went to Cabela's (beau's fave!) and walked around and looked at all the animals and ate lunch in the cafe there. By the time we got home it was about 3 so we played outside all afternoon and then I went for a walk while Beau gave Cope a bath. I just cranked up my praise music and prayed for peace and patience!! I know everything will work out. I just have to remind myself daily to be still and know that HE is God and HE is in control!!! (it's a little easier said than done though).  
Anyway, we have a busy week ahead of us... we are getting ready for a yardsale, Copeland's party, my mom and brother are coming out, and then Cope and I are coming home with them! I can't wait!! 
Here are a few pics of his "big boy" things! 
Have a great week!!






3 comments:

Brittany said...

Ali,
Sorry you had such a rough day Friday. You should have called! Waiting on God's timing is definatly easier said than done. (I do hope you and I get to be pregnant togther sometime though-btw I am NOT pregnant nor will be for at least a few months) Can't wait to see your new dining table. In just a short time I just might be eating on it somtime:)

Chelsa said...

ali- you've been on my mind the past few days a lot. i guess i know why now. i was praying for you, but kept wondering why God was bringing you to mind so often. my 3 months mark was hard too on the 3rd :( it's hard to look around and think andon would be doing this or that or be this big or whatever... i'm sure you're feeling quite the same way. i hope we both get pregnant SOON~ and have healthy babies :) it is so hard to wait on Gods timing. i keep wondering "why not me God".
love you girl!

Ashley said...

Sounds like you had a great mothers day!! You have two great guys. Hope you have a fun week....sounds busy but fun! I know you have been talking about Copeland's b-day party and now it is here already:) Can't wait to see pics.