Thursday, January 29, 2009

Blessed Be The Name Of The LORD

I don't even know how to start this post so bear with me, Last tuesday (after we had announced to the world that I was pregnant) I started spotting a little. I didn't think anything of it because I did the same thing with Copeland and things were fine. So we went on with our week. Thursday rolls around and it's getting a little worse so I thought ok, I'll just call the doctor and let her know what is going on. She calls back and said she wants me to go in to the hospital and have some blood work done. Ok, no big deal. I go in thursday afternoon and they test my HCG level and progesterone. Friday the nurse calls and says that the doctor wants to do more test because my levels were really low. I didn't know what to think, I just started praying and feeling sick!! So I go back in on Sat. night to have the blood work done again. FYI - the HCG level was 2400 on thurs. I wait and wait for the results... HCG -2100. (in the early stages of pregnancy, your HCG level is supposed to double like every 48 hours or so). Ok, at this point I really feel sick. I get a call on Monday afternoon fromy doctor and she was like, I want to do another round of testing, but I just don't think this will be a successful pregnancy, if you haven't already miscarried, you probably will. WOW... I was just numb. I told Beau what the doctor said and he just told me to stay caland try not to worry - yeah right!!! I was just told the worst news ever!! How can I not worry??? So after a long weekend, and first part of the week, I had come to terms with the fact that we had probably miscarried, and although it was very difficult, I just kept saying the verse "for I know the plans I have for you... plans to give you hope and a future". I just kept repeating it over and over in my head. I also kept singing the song "Blessed be the name of the Lord, Blessed be your name... you give and take away, you give and take away, my heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be your name".... I really thought it was over. We were just going to try again as soon as we could. Well yesterday I had to go back in for the 3rd round of blood tests, thinking it's over, but still not knowing for sure (the unknown and waiting was the worst)... I get the results... HCG- 2632... WHAT??? It didn't go down, but it didn't really go up that much either!!! What in the world is going on?? I just couldn't take anymore... I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, I couldn't do anything but wonder what the world Lord, what are you doing?? Well I call the doctor and ask, and I was prepared to beg, for an ultrasound because I HAVE to know one way or the other... I go back in yesterday for the ultrasound... we saw the baby AND heard the heartbeat!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!! I thought I was 8 wks... turns out, I aonly 6 wks and 4 days... that could be why the levels are so low, but we still don't know for sure. New due date is Sept. 20. We are not totally out of the clear yet, but we do have a baby!! I still have to do blood work to see if my levels go up... I go back in tomorrow. Hopefully this will be the last of it and she will tell me I'ok and we can get back to normal.... Just keep us in your prayers, pray that this little baby will fight and make it... but Pray that the Lord's will be done!!! We are so excited - even though we know it's still early and anything could happen. We are just rejoicing for the life I have inside of me right now!! It is all in the Lord's hands!! 
I was always thankful for Copeland, and thanked the Lord for him every night, but wow aI ever so thankful for the child God has blessed us with already. Children truly are a gift and they are so precious. I will give an update as soon as I can! God Bless!

14 comments:

Chelsa said...

ali- i'm praying!!

Audrey said...

We're praying for you!

Anonymous said...

we will keep you in our prayers...

Ashley said...

Definitely praying for you!

Sonya said...

Hey, this has to be a hard time for you. We will keep you in our prayers!

Jamie said...

Ali - You have a great attitude about God's will for you and your family. God delights in those that seek him and his will. I will be praying for you.

Abbie said...

Ali - you are being soooo brave! I will start praying for you guys, I know that your faith will carry you thru no matter what happens!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Tough week! We will def be praying for you. How awesome Im sure it was to hear that little heartbeat already. Must be a fighter :)

Brittany said...

Al-
I had no idea! We're praying! What a godly perspective on it all. Love you girl! I'll call you soon!

Tara said...

Ali - any updates. You're in my constant prayers. What a strong little person with a strong little will to live inside your belly. I think it's a "she" so I'm going to say SHE must be a fighter with some spunk (like her mommy)!

Ashley said...

I'll be pryaing for you and the baby!! What a long week you had! Keep your head high.

Ali Gish said...

Thank you so much to all of you for your comments! I enjoy reading them and they all mean so much to me!! :)

Lauren said...

Remembering you in my conversations with God today.

Jeremiah 1:5

you are loved!

Leah Robinson said...

I must have forgot to post my comment Ali...I've been praying for you!! Love you!


O LORD Almighty,
blessed is the man who trusts in you.
-Psalm 84:12