Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bedtime is a Battle

I'm happy to say that I am officially done with classes..... for two weeks. Then I start right back in again!! Ugh, I feel like I will never get finished! I have to brag on myself a little bit though (and I hate bragging) but I ended both classes with a 97%!!! I couldn't believe it! I was so proud of myself - as you can tell :) It is my goal now to get an A in every class. We'll see how that goes though! 
In reference to my title of this post, the last two nights have been terrible for Copeland at bedtime. He has always done GREAT with bedtime. We had our little routine, read a book, brush teeth, turn on music, pray, and then I would just lay him down. Piece of cake. Not these last two nights... I don't know what the heck is going on. Last night he actually slept with us in our bed because he would cried and cried both times we tried to lay him down. He would just keep saying "hold it, hold it" which is what he says when he wants us to hold him. He acts scared. It did storm yesterday and the thunder was pretty bad, and that is the only thing I can think of that would be bothering him, but today was beautiful and I would have thought he would have forgotten about it by now. Tonight he actually laid down, but I held his hand through his crib for almost a half hour. Is this normal??? After months and months of going to bed on his own?? I know it has only been two nights, but I just don't know what to do. Hopefully it won't last long! I mean I will do anything for that little booger, but I really want to stick to our normal bedtime routine. 
Anyway, just say a little prayer for us if you think about it! :) 
Hope everyone is having a good week. 
Today after Beau got home from work, I went for a walk  - by myself! Usually I take Copeland but it was kinda nice to just listen to my music and get some me time. I was listening to Natalie Grant and she has a song called Wonderful Life. Part of the chorus is "Everything's alright...it's a perfect day to be alive.... cause it's a wonderful life right now". I thought, how true this is. Although I have heartache, today is a great day to be alive! I want to know everything is alright and I want to feel alive! I haven't really felt this way the past few months. But I'm going to start!! Everyday is a great day to be alive. 
I'm thankful for each day God allows me to be alive!! 

7 comments:

A Preemie Momma said...

Hey Ali, it was good to hear from you. Your little man is too cute. I hope that Copelands bedtimes get easier or back to normal. Have a good week!

Ashley said...

Enjoy your two week break! That is awesome that you got an A in both classes. You will be finished before you know it and it will be so worth it in the end! Hope Copeland's bedtime gets better.

Chelsa said...

yay on your 2 A's! way to go! it is hard doing classes and being a mommy and wife, believe me, i know! i was never so glad to finish school! haha!

as for bedtime-- brycen went through a time (probably about the same age as cope) and did the same thing- didn't want to sleep in his bed anymore.... it took awhile, but now he sleeps great again. you're a great mommy, just reassure him a lot and it might take awhile, but he'll do fine!

i'm going to have to listen to that song... i have been trying to live in "the moment" instead of the past or always thinking and wondering about the future... it's hard to do!

Brittany said...

Ali,
Don't know what to say about Copeland not going to sleep but sorry!! Is he getting 2yr molars? I blame everything on teeth:) Way to go on the "A's"-thats my girl!! See you in a couple of weeks!

Tara said...

Ohh Ali, we are going through a rough patch ourselves when it comes to bedtime. We're going on 2 weeks of waking up 1-2 times per night. I usually give and pull him in bed with us. Hope things get better! Congrats on the grades!

Jessie said...

I didn't realize you were taking classes..? Master's I'm sure? Sorry to hear about Copeland's bedtime troubles...It's probably even harder since you're used to him sleeping all night. Btw, isn't that "alone" time like therapy?!

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Ayla has been having a few nights of "issues" too. She will go down the same as usual but then wake up about an hour later and cry for a while. Its tough. I say, stay strong to your routine. He knows that. I thinks its their age (2 is coming), and they are growing physically & mentally. Keep consistant and he will go back to what he knows. That is what we're doing... good luck!